Friday, November 28, 2008

Rob and Kristen's Inquirer Interview

Here's an interview of Rob and Kristen posted a few hours ago. It was written by Ruben V. Nepales of Philippine Daily Inquirer.

Robert Pattinson

Do you believe in having a soul mate?

I hope there is such a thing. I guess it would be quite scary to find a soul mate when you’re young because you’re probably going to mess it up (laughter).

How have you embraced the thought that you’re a sex symbol now?

It’s strange because I’m a sex symbol to 14-year-old girls (laughter) which I guess is not the most helpful situation to be in. But yeah, I’ve never really thought of it. It’s just so funny. I mean, just last year I couldn’t even get a date (laughter) and then this year, the world turns and it’s so bizarre (laughter) that everybody just changes their mind at the same time (laughter).

You couldn’t get a date?

When I was in London, it was like, not at all. I don’t know why. That’s all I talked about the whole of last year—that I need to get a girlfriend. I need to get a girlfriend and then this year, I could have any 12-year-old I wanted (laughter).

Read the rest of the interview here...

Kristen Stewart

What did Robert bring to the table? How did you arrive at that chemistry between the two of you?

Rob came into the audition looking sort of terrified, like a subdued fear and pained. The pain was just very evident in him. I am not saying it’s in Rob but he knew what to bring to that character. We didn’t need the statuesque, model-types who come in and just pose. I couldn’t see any of the other guys. They weren’t even looking at me. It was like they were focusing on their lines but Rob is very organic. He’s in the moment and he lets it happen which is brave. He’s brave. He’s a courageous actor.

How much training did you have to undergo for the stunts which required wire work?

I didn’t have much training. I was trained to hold onto Rob (laughter). It was like I didn’t really have to do much else. I was always trying to make it easier for him because he’s always found it very difficult. I was always trying to find points to take the pressure off of him.

Read the rest of the interview here...


No comments: